As China's coronavirus outbreak eases, proxy indicators tracking the world’s second-biggest economy show its e-commerce sector is starting to bounce back as factories, offices and shops reopen. Industry leaders Alibaba, JD.com, and Pinduoduo are all struggling to meet a surge in demand for household staples as well as non-essential goods.
In this episode, Shirley Yu and Martina Fuchs chat to LinkedIn Top Voice 2019 and China marketing expert Ashley Galina Dudarenok, Founder of Alarice and ChoZan.
• Why e-commerce in China is «re-living its second spring»
• In Chinese, the word crisis (wēijī) means both risk and opportunity
• «This is my big hunting season» to hire new talent
• Which brands will emerge as «winners» and «losers» after the #coronavirus?
• Is Alibaba getting too big?
• KYC is key to success for brands in China
• The choice is yours: luxury vs. middle-class consumers
24. März 2020