BrandZ is the largest and the most consumer-focused brand equity ranking system worldwide. It contains the views of more than 3 million consumers about 100,000 brands, across 400 categories in over 50 markets.
The BrandZ Top 100 Most Valuable Chinese Brands ranking 2019 shows that the market for Chinese brands is ever more competitive.
Here’s the top 10:
#1 Alibaba, #2 Tencent, #3 ICBC, #4 China Mobile, #5 Moutai, #6 Huawei, #7 Pingan, #8 Baidu, #9 China Construction Bank, #10 JD.com
Shirley Yu and Martina Fuchs caught up with Kantar China CEO and Global Head of Brand Z Doreen Wang about the role of patriotism in Chinese shopping behavior, why live streaming in e-commerce is the next big thing, and started by asking her about the Kantar COVID-19 Barometer.
• «All good deeds by companies during coronavirus will pay back one day»
• «Strong brands are the immune systems for companies»
• «We start to see early revenge shopping»
• «Chinese brands still have a long way to go»
• «Among the global top 100 brands, over 50 are from the United States, but only 30 from China»
• «The perception of made in China has changed significantly over the past 5 years»