A recap of events and an outlook of trading activity and liquidity issues for the week ahead.
• Liquidity has improved. Bid/ ask spreads in corporate bonds have tightened.
• Cautious week ahead of Q1 earnings. Manufacturing data April 3, employment data April 7
• In primary equities: IPOs in Financials and Tech on Nasdaq
• Liquidity is still poor across assets. Lower volumes in equities and volatility fell by 4.2%
• Corporate bonds saw no major spikes or dips
• Primary equities: looks like a quiet week for IPOs
• Moderate liquidity, equities were up and volatility rose by 2.1% across financials
• Manufacturing data from China on April 3 and Inflation data from Australia on April 4
• In primary equities: a few IPOs in Tech, Communications, and Real Estate on JPX