The show recaps last week’s events and offers an outlook on trading activity and potential liquidity issues across North America and EMEA for the week ahead.
- Equities volumes are low, and bid-ask spreads are wide. Bond volumes are up and spreads are tight.
- Earnings results are expected for First Republic Bank, UBS, Microsoft, Alphabet, Visa, and Meta.
- Data expected: House Price Index, GDP Growth, Personal Income, and Crude Oil Production.
- US Axe data, within normal ranges, indicates a higher proportion of Selling Vs Buying.
Europe and UK
- Equities volumes saw significant spikes, and bid-asks are wide. Bonds volumes are low and spreads are tight.
- Earnings results e.g. Deutsche Bank, Barclays, and Hyundai.
- Data expected: UK CBI Industrial trends on Tues and GDP Growth and Price Index on Fri.
- EU axe data, which is within normal ranges, see a strong proportion of EU dealer asks Vs bids.
- GBP axe data, within normal ranges, suggests higher net buying versus selling of credit.