2021, ETF TV News #103 Deborah Fuhr, Managing Partner and founder of ETFGI shares an overview of ETFGI’s end of 2021 research findings with Margareta Hricova on ETF TV.
ETFGI’s Global ETFs industry highlights
- Assets reached a new record of $10.27 Tn in the global industry at the end of 2021.
- Assets increased 28.5% in 2021, going from US$7.99 trillion in 2020, to US$10.27 trillion.
- Record net inflows of $1.29 Tn in 2021 surpassed the prior record of $762.77 Bn gathered in 2020.
- Net inflows of $1.29 Tn in 2021 are $531.22 Bn or 69.6% higher than the $762.77 Bn record set in 2020.
- 31th month of consecutive net inflows
- The top 3 providers, out of 608, account for 65.7% of the $10.27 Tn global assets.
- iShares is the largest provider in terms of assets with 32.3% market share; Vanguard is second with 21.8%, followed by SPDR ETFs with 11.7% market share.
- Equity ETFs and ETPs listed globally gathered a record of $910.16 Bn net inflows in 2021.
MarketData: ETFGI, video production: Nuru Rimington-Mkali, the transcript and podcast: Mathilde Laessoe
Disclaimer: ETF TV is a news update and is intended for informational purposes only. ETF TV does not provide investment advice nor recommend products.